The work that we’ve done…
OVER 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE PROVIDING ADVICE and support
To give you an idea of the types of cases that we advise on, here are some of things that we’ve been involved with recently:
- Defending the former directors of a company from a multimillion pound breach of duty claim by the liquidator, this claim ultimately settled by way of mediation for significantly less than the sum claimed.
- Assisting a third-party purchaser in buying a logistics company from administrators. This client had not previously purchased an insolvent business, but with expert assistance the purchased proceeded smoothly.
- Securing the co-operation of a reluctant bankrupt through court examination and suspension of discharge, obtaining an IPO and enforcing through his employers.
- Advising the wife of a bankrupt upon the purchase of her interest in the home from her husband’s trustee in bankruptcy.
- Advising administrators on a pre-pack sale at extremely short notice.
- Acting in a shareholder dispute and using an insolvency procedure in a unique way to enforce the majorities rights over the minority.
- Securing a substantial settlement for liquidators in misfeasance and wrongful trading proceedings in the High Court.
- Defending a director from a claim by a creditor of his previous company in liquidation relating to re-use of the company name and trading style.
- Acting for office holders on block transfer applications.
- Acting for a number of Irish nationals in bankruptcy proceedings in the UK.
- Defending directors from actions under the Directors Disqualification Act and assisting them acting in the future whilst disqualified.
“Gary Player is deemed particularly talented in matters of corporate governance, directors’ disqualifications, asset recovery and creditor actions. Sources note that ‘in complicated issues he just exudes authority’.” – Chambers Legal Directory